Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mackenzie Allen Philip’s youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, n the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack’s world forever.

My Review: This book starts off with a capturing story of the kidnapping and murder of his youngest daughter. Unfortunately, that ends after the first 75 pages or so, maybe sooner. The back of this book (the summary given above) only gives one tiny sentence referring to his dealing with "God", but it ends up taking over 3/4 of what is happening in the book that is only 250 pages. The religious views imposed in this book are so far from my own that it was very difficult to read and keep my attention. From what I got, to him, God is an African American woman, Jesus is a Middle Eastern handyman, and the Holy Spirit is an Asian lady. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was disappointing because the back of the book barely mentioned God and made the book sound like this big mystery about the Shack in the middle of the Oregon Wilderness. If you own this book, I would try to return it for even a partial refund or throw it in the D.I pile without reading it. You are not missing ANYTHING. I found this book used on Amazon.com for $1.35 or brand new at Costco for about $9.00

My rating: .5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment